Director of Event Marketing
IMPACT is a leading digital marketing agency and a certified 'great place to work'. As one of HubSpot’s top partners, we work with clients from around the world. Everything we do is to help people and their organizations succeed, and we’re looking for people to help us double the size of our organization, help more people, and share our core values of passion, helpfulness, and dependability.
The Director of Event Marketing is a full time position that reports to IMPACT’s Vice President of Marketing. This position is best suited for a candidate with a solid foundation in marketing a diverse portfolio of both digital (ex. webinars) and in person (ex. Conferences and workshops) events and a proven track record of driving thousands of registrants (be prepared to back this up with data).
This is a new role within the company that is being created as part of a larger effort to establish IMPACT as an industry-leader in the inbound space when it comes to events and to grow the company’s audience and sponsorship revenue through event programming. For highly motivated and entrepreneurial candidates, this position is an opportunity to take a leadership role in driving key results in a highly strategic area of our growing business.
The Director of Event Marketing will be an acknowledged authority within the company, acting as a leader of large-scale company initiatives and viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor. The candidate should be a strategic thinker capable of developing event marketing strategies as well as a skilled marketer capable of executing at the tactical level.
This strategic event marketing role requires a seasoned event professional, with holistic events experience and background, accustomed to working in a fast paced, results-oriented, customer-centric environment. Must be collaborative, flexible, detail oriented, creative, resourceful, enthusiastic, high energy and productive with a demonstrated ability to drive measurable results.
- Creating and managing the strategic marketing plans for IMPACT’s events.
- Collaborating with a small team of brand marketers to drive execution of event marketing strategies and manage expectations to timeline and budgets.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with the business, event revenue goals and marketing and brand objectives.
- Managing the process and logistics involved with setting up and executing IMPACT’s webinars using the GoToWebinar platform.
- Creating thought-leadership marketing content for publication on the IMPACT blog as well as third party platforms.
- Working with other members of IMPACT’s marketing team and event-specific planning teams to develop themes, ideas, messaging, collateral and distribution materials to help enhance and supplement the events.
- Ensuring IMPACT’s brand style guidelines (visual, as well as grammar, syntax, voice and tone) and general messaging are deployed consistently across event marketing collateral.
- Developing event-specific marketing budgets and tracking and reporting performance against those budgets.
- Building digital marketing campaigns using HubSpot (includes creating marketing emails, building lead nurturing workflows, creating conversion forms and landing pages, etc.).
- Proactively documenting and streamlining processes relating to IMPACT’s event marketing strategies.
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding goals in relation to event attendance.
- Providing management with reports and analysis on program efficacy for future program selection and budget allocation.
- BA/BS in Business or Marketing or equivalent
- Strong familiarity with inbound marketing and HubSpot
- Proven success attracting registrants to in-person events, specifically conferences, and online events, such as virtual events and webinars
- Candidates with a large social network and/or strong personal brand preferred
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong entrepreneurial skills to excel in a complex and rapidly evolving environment
- Willingness to travel, as job requires (Estimated 10-20%)
At IMPACT, you can expect tremendous professional development hyper-growth opportunities; an opportunity to work in an open environment that rewards creativity and original thinking; and respect for your ideas. We believe in recognition for a job well done, competitive salaries and a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Salary Range for this Position: $70 - 90k
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Coverage
- We offer great healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 401k Plan
- A 401k plan is available with matching contributions.
- Free Books
- Found a book that will help you do your job better? Just ask. It's yours
- Unlimited Vacation
- It's important that you can take the time off that you need to stay refreshed.
- Team Activities
- We plan activities throughout the year for all employees.